caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 4, 2012

Lilly's Memorial Tree - May

Today is May 4.  We would be celebrating Lilly's 22 month birthday with her if she still lived with us.  But as you know, she now lives in heaven.  I'm sure she's having the perfect day right now!  But oh how we miss her.

The children and I celebrated anyway, with what has become our tradition for the 4th of every month.  We changed the ornaments on Lilly's memorial tree to this month's theme.  May is: butterflies, caterpillars, and flowers.  The tree turned out quite colorful and cheerful.


We are so thankful to those of you who sent ornaments!  G.C. crocheted 4 butterlies, Anonymous crocheted a caterpillar, and Julia's mom sent a yellow sign that says "Hope" and has a butterfly (just like the one on Julia's memorial tree). 



One thing I hear so much of from mom's who have lost children is that they don't want their children forgotten.  I understand that and so it is always so sweet when someone does something, like send an ornament for Lilly's tree.  (And NO - I am not hinting for people to send things!  I'm just trying to illustrate my point.)  It feels good knowing that people haven't forgotten our Little Firecracker.


The inspiration for this month's theme comes from ... Lilly!  Here is Lilly and big brother H. and her favorite stuffed animal - Hank the Caterpillar:




Lilly wearing a dress with butterflies on it:



Lilly wearing a dress with flowers on it:


OK yes - so I loved taking pictures of Lilly when she was sleeping.  She was just so peaceful looking - and too cute!

Thank you God for making caterpillars, butterflies, flowers, and of course ... Lilly!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of and celebrating Lilly on her 22nd month birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, God, thank you for making lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I love the tree. You are so right it feels so good when some one remembers your child. I love her pictures, she is such a beautiful sweet baby :)

    ReplyDelete