caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Decorating Lilly's Memorial Tree

Happy new year! I look forward to this year though things feel pretty empty right now.

Today we decorated Lilly's artificial tree, which we had bought for her Christmas present since she loved our big Christmas tree so much. We had decided to go ahead and set the tree up anyway, making it a Lilly memorial tree. We thought we would do a different theme on the tree each month.

Every January will be an angel theme. I gathered up Lilly's angel ornaments that I had given her plus several angel ornaments I had.


Then I added two angel ornaments that we got for Christmas this year. We have been so excited that several people have contributed angel ornaments to Lilly's tree. We have ornaments up from six people and three more are sending angels! Thank you so much to everyone that has contributed - it really touched our hearts.

Now I'm considering several ideas I have to make a tree skirt.

Thank you everyone that has asked me about, and or prayed for, my friend K.M. that I mentioned in my last blog post. Doctors were saying for awhile that K. was going to need a heart transplant in order to survive. Now I am not sure if that is still thought necessary. (I'm getting info. from several sources so I'm trying to piece it all together.) Last I heard is that K. was off the ventilator and responsive. They are thinking the cause of all this is a really bad virus. Whatever the case though, K. is still in danger and needs frequent prayers.


I was saddened to get news from another friend that her son passed away a few days ago. M.B. was pregnant with a boy with Trisomy 18 that was actually due today. He went to heaven, a few hours before she gave birth. His funeral was yesterday. M. said she was pleased with the service and her son looked very "peaceful." I am imagining Lilly in heaven with him playing with him and telling him all about the beautiful jewelry that his mom made her, including the bracelet and necklace that she was buried in. You can find this sweet woman's jewelry for sale on Etsy at: http://www.etsy.com/people/SixSistersBeadworks

Tomorrow is back to routine for us for the first time since Lilly passed away. We're not looking forward to it, and yet we are. I have been dreading my husband leaving to go back to work. But today I have felt at peace about it. And our loving son has told me he will be my Lilly when I want him to be. :) I thank God for my family. And for all of you who so faithfully continue to lift us up in prayer.


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for your family and all of you as you return to a new normal. What a precious, tenderhearted boy to encourage you in such a sweet way. God is surely carrying you all through this time and I want you to know that we consider Lilly's passing as a significant family moment for us as well. She touched many people's lives, how many people can really say that? Bless you, sweet mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH, yes. that's our sweet Hunter!

    Shisshy

    angel on the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. And he lets us get all of his neck sugar! (I assure you, it's not as good as Lilly's!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I wanted to write you and tell you about the Angels we dropped off at your husbands office this afternoon. When I read your blog about putting the tree you had gotten Lilly up year round and wanting to put Angels on it for January, I first thought of the Angel in the pretty white and gold box. I had received that for Christmas from a co-worker years ago, 2002 to be exact, as the ornament is dated. That ornament always went on our formal tree in the dining room. I always waited until the tree was almost complete and put her on, up front and center. She was the only one, so she stood out, as she is so beautifully hand painted. It would mean more to me for you and your family to have it and put on Lilly's tree in remembrance of such a sweet, much loved and much missed little girl who touched so many lives in her short time here. The green one is one that I found at one of my most favorite stores to go to almost anytime, but mostly at Christmas, Dewaynes in Smithfield. I had gone there 2 weekends ago and was browsing through the Christmas items and there on a shelf, all alone, was this beautiful Angel ornament. The green color was what caught my eye, as that is my favorite color. Frank said today that that is T's favorite color as well. As soon as I saw her, I thought of Lilly and her tree. Please know that you and your beautiful family are in our thoughts and our prayers and we think the world of you all. I wish I had had the chance to know Lilly and I hope to get to know you better. It was a pleasure to have met you and you have shown me what your Faith in God can do! We are all blessed to have such wonderful friends at times in need. Please accept these Angels in remembrance of Lilly and to brighten your day as you look at all the love on that tree for Lilly and your family. God Bless you and your family.

    Ronna Pernell

    ReplyDelete