caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Little Firecracker! And Happy 4th of July!

Weight check = 12 lbs. !!!!!!!!

Happy happy birthday Lilly! Our Little Firecracker is 1 year old today! In the Trisomy 18 world this is huge. Only 10 % of these babies make it to their first birthday. I've been thanking God for Lilly surviving since I first opened my eyes and looked at Lilly this morning.

If you'd like to see pictures of Lilly on this day last year, see my post about my labor and delivery:

http://pray4lilly.blogspot.com/2011/03/flashback-labor-delivery-and-first-week.html

Lilly has been celebrating all weekend. (pictures and stories to come.) Today we are going to celebrate her life with her grandparents in a hospital. (Her Pop that had the stroke this past winter.) Praise the Lord Lilly will only be a visitor in the hospital. (And an "undercover" one at that! She goes in and out completely covered up in my wrap.)

Lilly's headband, diaper cover, and socks are all from Etsy. Her beautiful bracelet is red, white, and blue with an "L" charm. It is from http://sixsistersbeadworks.com

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

15 comments:

  1. I love the last picture!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so perfect.I love these birthday photos...happy birthday sweet Lilly.we will set off a firecracker just for u today.
    Marta mcclanahan(kaydenss mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday little granddaughter!
    12 pounds for 12 months!
    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy First Birthday precious Lilly! You have been through so much in your first year of life and by the power of prayer and God's might you have continued to overcome! Yes, God picked a perfect day for your birthday -what a little firecracker you are; filling up the world with burst of beautiful surprises! You are the only little person I know who's precious Life has gathered so many in prayer! May you continue to grow and Shine for His Glory! Celebrating with you and your family in our hearts!
    love holly & family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Lilly! We enjoyed seeing you during our visit, and I'm glad little J. got to meet you. You have grown so much and it was neat seeing you unhook some of your fingers! May the Lord bless you with many more years to come. Love, Aunt K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My turn, my turn!!! For your whole life this just may be the very most specialest birthday of all...your first! I am so honored to have been a part of it! Happy, happy, happy birthday, Lillybug!
    Love and hugs,
    Aunt Kaylie's mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Lilly!

    Susan, Kathryn, and Alan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Little Firecracker!! I know the whole family has been having fun celebrating this weekend! I pray that you will continue to thrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Lilly!!! Your precious smile and fighting spirit inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God, for He is kind! Lilly's very existence is an overt attack on the forces of darkness, as the "condemned her to life" anonymous post a few weeks ago so clearly illustrated. Keep up the fight, Lilly, Lisa, Frank, and family! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol in New ZealandJuly 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM

    What a day! Those photos gave me cheer and I smiled and laughed to see your beautiful little face gazing up. You are indeed a treasure. Happy Birthday dear one, and Happy Birthday to Mama and Papa and your brother and sister. ((hugs to you all)).x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Lilly you have the most amazing courage, keep up the good work. I hope there is many more birthdays to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Lilly--and may God bless you with many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I had goosebumps reading all of the beautiful birthday messages from good people who truly care about our Lilly. thank you all for your compassion, kindness and most of all, prayers.
    Lilly has blessed us all this last year with her fighting spirit and will to stay here with us.
    Her parents are doing God's work on earth by loving her and taking such good care of her without complaining and feeling sorry for themselves. I am so proud of all of you as you inspire everyone who knows you. I loved being with you and seeing you in all of your Patriotic couture. What a wonderful treat!
    Love, Shisshy

    ReplyDelete