caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Frightening Morning

This morning I was sitting by Lilly's bed and holding her hand while she slept. I was praying and dozing off and on. Suddenly the door burst open and about a dozen medical people flooded the room. Lilly had stopped breathing and her heartrate was low and dropping.


I got out of the way and tried to see what was going on. It was unreal. Like watching a TV show. Lilly was on the bed and they were doing things to revive her. Paddles, shots, and I don't know what else. I can't remember a lot. It was a blur.


They intubated Lilly so that she doesn't have to breathe on her own. (It is a tube down her throat into her trachea by her lungs.) The nurse just told me that Lilly is breathing over it some which means she is breathing some on her own, which is of course good. They are also giving her blood. She is sedated. Thankfully her fever is gone (it was 103.2). She is laying in the bed and seems restful.

Poor baby. She makes our hearts ache for her.

My husband was home with our children when it happened. But God sent support right when I needed it. The son of a family at church happens to be here on the same floor as Lilly and his dad was in the room with him. And another family from church was still here, after coming by to bring us breakfast. So S.L. and K.A. came into the room to stay with me until my husband could come. It was so reassuring just to have people here that I knew and that prayed over Lilly. The hospital chaplain came in too and prayed for Lilly.

Lilly's echo results just came back and are normal for her. So we'll just keep waiting and watching and trusting to see what God's plan is for Lilly.

"'Because he loves me,' says the LORD, 'Iwill rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.'" - Psalm 91:14-16

7 comments:

  1. I am praying for you and baby Lilly on a daily basis!
    Jenna Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still lifting you up, and I'm with you in spirit! P is praying for her too...LOVEc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully her fever being gone is a good sign that the virus is weakening and Lilly can get stronger! Praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping and praying the fever is gone this afternoon and Lily is doing better now and continues to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying...listening to Faith over the monitor and I think she is praying for Lilly with groans and utterances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Father, bless us and keep us, let your Faithful Face shine upon us, and let Your amazing grace shower our lives. Let us walk in the divine knowledge that we are Your children and that through your precious Gift you have made a way where there seems to be no way. We have victory in the mighty name of Jesus because your goodness and your mercy follow us. Your angels go before us and your precious grace is upon us. Thank you, Father, for your amazing grace. Thank you for calling us Your own, in Jesus’ name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious child. I will keep you all in prayers.

    ReplyDelete